The Friends of York Hospitals, is a Registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation in England and Wales, registered charity number: 1183252.
How we collect personal information about you
What information do we collect?
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
● Provide or administer activities relating to all our services: updating you with important administrative messages, to help us identify you when you contact us, and help us to properly maintain our records in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations 2018;
● Your personal information will only be used to process your requests/enquiries about the FOYH and to provide you with information about our work and fundraising activities which we think you may be interested in if you have previously told us that’s ok;
● The personal information of volunteers will only be used to process applications, manage the volunteer service and provide information we think you may be interested in. This may include sharing your information with the York & Scarborough Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust;
● We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority);
● We will not share your information with any other individuals or organisations for marketing purposes; and
● We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications – and we promise your request will respected straight away.
● Our office data holdings are secured in line with the York Teaching NHS Foundation Trust security measures and only accessible to the Volunteer Manager & Administrator, Hon. Secretary, Hon Treasurer and on occasion to another identified Trustee/volunteer for a specified reason with approval of the Board of Trustees;
● We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes;
● Communications in connection with the FOYH may be sent by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications (other than payments where applicable) will not be sent in an encrypted form unless you require it and provide the certification to enable us to communicate with you in that way. E-mail unless encrypted is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus-free;
● We only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonable and necessary.
Become a member